Master of Science Program in Food Science and Technology (International)
Field of study: Food Science and Technology (International); Course no. : 1712
Students may apply for student exchange program (1 semester) at Institut Polytechnique Lasalle Beauvais, France
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo University of Fisheries, University of Nottingham, University of Massachusetts, University of Alberta, Reading University, Massey University, University of Georgia, and University of New South Wales.
The length of study must not exceed 4 academic years (8 semesters), starting from the semester of first enrollment.
Candidates are generally expected to possess the following qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or related fields. Candidates whose first language is not English must undertake a proper English proficiency test and meet the following requirement:
- A TOEFL score of 530 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based) or higher
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.
- CU-TEP score equivalent to TOEFL score of 530 http://www.atc.chula.ac.th
A concept proposal (800-1,000 words) is considered as one of the criteria for admission
Qualifications of applicants
1. Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or related fields. For other related degree holders, an approval from the Academic Program Subcommittee is required. Students completing their eligible degrees in the last semester can also apply. Candidates whose first language is not English must have an appropriate level in an approved test of English. A TOEFL score of 530 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based) or higher or an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher is required. For those who do not have TOEFL or IELTS score, CU Test of English Proficiency (CU-TEP) score equivalent to a TOEFL score of 530 is required.
2. The department graduate program administration committee considers that the applicants are qualified for this program.
Admission and Selection Procedures
Referred to the application handbook of the Graduate School of Chulalongkorn University http://www.grad.chula.co.th
Students must register for not less than 9 credits and not more than 15 credits for each semester. A maximum of 6 credits can be registered for summer sessions.
1. Application fee
- 1,000 Baht for Thai students
- 1,000 Baht for International students
2. Tuition per semester
- 31,000 Baht for Thai students
- 86,500 Baht for International students
3. Academic fee per semester
- 50,000 Baht for Thai students
- 50,000 Baht for International students
- For students from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam:
Please find details on scholarships at www.inter.chula.ac.th
- For all other students
A scholarship of 25,000 Baht per semester will be given to those who have accumulated grade points (GPAX) over two semesters of more than 3.50.